Friday, February 4, 2011

Single Mom

Part of this whole "Single Mom Dating" is the MOM part.  You think it's difficult dating?  Try adding the Single Mom to that equation.  All week I've had sick kids in and out of school - not pretty.  Now throw in the schedules for basketball, cheerleading and rehearsals for the school play...and finally the wonderful part where my oldest gets a ticket for running a red light.  Oh yeah, did I mention that I will have minor surgery this month also.  Thank God I have a sense of humor because it would all be enough to make a person go insane.  

No new dates.  I have had a few matches from eHarmony come and go.  In the eHarmony profile you can list the 5 "Things I Can't Live Without".  Well, I had a match request the guided communication with me.  I wasn't very attracted to his physical appearance, but I thought I would look past that and check out his profile.  In the things he can't live without, he listed "anime".  According to Webster's Dictionary the definition of anime is a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes.  ...I'm sorry...I think that's just strange for a 40 something year old man to list that as one of the things he can't live without.  I understand if that is an interest, but something you can't live without???  Really?

There was also the gentleman who would like everyone to know he may be "the most interesting man in the world".  A little narcissistic don't you think?

Or the man who listed his occupation as "domestic"...hmmmm...does that fall under the same category as "life coach"?

I do have to say, it's been an interesting journey thus far.

Stay tuned...next week I should have some interesting stories.  My mom is having a big birthday party this weekend...dancing, drinking, family, and friends...always a good combination for a good story.  I think I may need to take my video camera for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment