Thursday, December 30, 2010

Intro to eHarmony

After some of my nightmare dating experiences in the past, I quickly went running to eHarmony.

Before I get into my stories, let me give you a quick run down of the eHarmony process.  I fill out a questionnaire - a very long questionnaire.  I guess it serves it purpose since this is what is used to find my "matches".  Then I fill out my profile: my age, occupation, kids/no kids, a little about myself.  Off to the side, I can list my fave sports, TV shows, movies, books, etc...  Using all this information, "matches" are found.  Everyday I am sent a list of new "matches".  I can then view their profiles and their pictures and decide if any of them stand out to me...like the man who posted the picture of him and his mother.  He should have just put a caption that said "Mama's Boy".

I can choose to send an "Icebreaker" - a list of statements eHarmony has already chosen - or I can start the "Guided Communication".  There are 4 steps to Guided Communication.  

Step 1: Get to Know Each Other - Choose from a list of questions (with multiple choice answers) to send to my match.  Once he answers, then he can send me his questions.
Step 2:   Must Haves & Can't Stands - self explanatory...
Step 3:  Learn More About Him - more questions, but you have to write in your answers instead of multiple choice.
Step 4: eHarmony mail - a safe way to communicate without giving your information out - unless you want to.

I had one match skip through all guided communication and go straight to step 4.  He said his membership was almost up and he gave me his number so I could call him...uuggghhhh...keep waiting buddy...keep waiting.

For whatever reason, these men don't know how to use spell check...maybe it's like asking for directions?  A couple of typos?  Maybe.   When there are typos in every section of their profile?  Forget it.  Not happening.  

Another thing that is a huge turn off is when there is scripture quoted EVERYWHERE!  Any one who knows me, knows I am a Christian woman.  I just don't think it is something you need to stamp all over your profile.  If it is genuine, it will show.  For example, The Groper stated he was looking for a woman he could "pray with"...really?  Are you praying while you try and make out with her at your first meeting?  Are you praying while you're trying to grab her ass?  ...wow...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are nice men out there.  I just haven't come across them...yet. 
Until next time...I have to go check today's matches!

No comments:

Post a Comment